EVALUATION FOR USE OF IODATED CONTRAST
for all methods evaluated / guided by Computed Tomography
RISK ASSESSMENT FOR KIDNEY INSUFFICIENCY
- Are you diabetic?
- Do you use Metformin (diabetes medication)?
- Do you have a history of kidney disease?
- Do hemodialysis?
- Have you ever had a transplant?
- Does it have a unique kidney?
- Kidney cancer diagnosis?
- Have you ever had kidney surgery?
If answered YES to any of the above: bring a result of Creatinine dosed in the blood (serum) on the day of the exam – it may be at most the last 6 months.
ALLERGY RISK ASSESSMENT
- Have you ever been allergic to the use of iodinated contrast agent?
- Do you have multiple allergies?
- Do you have asthma?
- Have you used asthma medication in the past 3 months?
- Have you ever been hospitalized for severe asthma?
If YES answered for any of the above: Attend the clinic TWO HOURS in advance to prepare before the exam – this is for the use of a contrast agent.